When you’re in the critical event detection space, pandemic is a topic. I wrote this article so Stabilitas could reach out to their clients to help provide them with needed information.
The New Normal- Getting Back to Work
In a global pandemic, no one is immune. While we rightly focus attention on our front-line heroes or people who’ve become ill, the virus has upended businesses and life in ways so profound it’s hard to compass the full impact. No one person, company, or government has the answers. At Stabilitas, we’re working to provide support and solutions so you can proactively shift resources to safeguard operations, protect your people, and sleep a little at night.
You’re dealing with a complex, multi-dimensional problem. As companies activate their preparedness plans, expertise is coming in from every sector. For many, this involves modifying operations to address critical needs while at the same time standing up work-at-home plans and trying to maintain productivity. The landscape is changing hourly, and plans are only as good as the intelligence you’ve got at your disposal.
It’s not for lack of information
This pandemic has triggered a tsunami of information. Your employees, partners, vendors, and customers are swamped with messaging from every conceivable source. Fear and uncertainty make it impossible to avoid news feeds and social
media shares. We’re all being pinged around the clock with information ranging from vital to ridiculous. You’ve got plenty of volume – what you need is focus.
There’s so much information coming in. It’s tempting to blast it out to the people you need to protect, but there’s a danger in over-messaging. One-size-fits-all communications don’t add to the conversation. You need to make sure your communications are relevant and don’t add to the confusion. Miscalculate and your message could be missed, discounted, or ignored. At Stabilitas, we’re trying to find this balance by providing fact-based updates through targeted communications channels.
We’re learning from you
Here are some of the many ways our clients are leveraging Stabilitas AI at this crucial moment:
- Granular analysis. They’re looking at data in more granular, targeted ways. Leveraging Stabiitas’ ability to ingest thousands of sources to deliver what’s most relevant; saving time and allowing teams to focus on critical needs.
- Correlation of events to employees. They’re updating location overlays to monitor regions with high concentrations of employees; targeting notifications and activating check-ins.
- Broader lens. They’re updating situational awareness scopes to include home office locations to provide the same level of care whether an employee is at corp HQ or their home office.
- Ad hoc alert triggers. They’re monitoring the welfare of overseas personnel with geo-targeted feeds and staying in close contact with those who’ve had to stay put in a different country.
- Hyper-local intelligence.They’re developing shelter-in-place and work-from-home rules based on actionable intelligence from each region; not waiting for local authorities to act.
- Advance planning. They’re formulating the parameters that will determine when it’s safe to re-open or call employees back to the office.
- Distributed intelligence. They’re giving supply chain managers real-time updates to respond to disruptions and bring alternate resources online.
As needs have come to our attention, we’ve rolled
out additional functionality to our platform, making
it immediately available on clients’ dashboards. This includes an epidemic data layer, which is tracking the spread of COVID-19 at a local level, as well as data analysis aimed at predicting the virus’ growth trajectory.
When will this be over?
Everyone wants to know how soon we’ll get back to normal life. The honest answer to that question may be never. There’s already a lot of discussion about a “new normal.” Eventually businesses will reopen, people will once again enjoy a full range of activities, and fear will subside. But what we’re experiencing today will make an indelible imprint on how we go about our future lives. That’s why we’re using today’s lessons to build out Stabilitas AI to respond not only to the immediate crisis, but to the resulting tectonic shifts.
What does the new normal look like? There are still so many more questions than answers. Here are just some of the things we’ve been thinking about:
- What does duty of care look like when a large portion of your workforce is working from home?
- What’s the risk/benefit analysis for travel as infection numbers begin to improve in specific locations?
- What information will you need as you reopen your doors and allow employees to return?
- What tools will travelers need to access customer, prospect, and supplier facilities? What information will you require to allow a visitor into your facilities?
- How do you craft communications when the entire community has a stake in the safety and welfare of your employees?
- At what point are people over-saturated with information? How will you assess a region- specific communications strategy versus blanket messaging?
- As furloughed employees return to work, some may re-assess their loyalty based on feelings of safety and care. How has the implementation of crisis plans strengthened or weakened employer brands?
We don’t have all the answers.
In fact, that’s why we’re partnering with our clients to understand what the new normal looks like for critical event management. We want to hear from you. Now that your crisis planning is being put through the ultimate real-world test, tell us how we can support you.
We built Stabilitas’ powerful artificial intelligence (AI) engine to adapt to a changing world. It has the ability to learn and evolve at an impressive rate. Since experience is the best teacher, we’re gathering some important lessons.
We’d like to hear about your experience navigating this pandemic. What kind of information do you need in order to make good decisions and protect your people? You may not be able to make changes in the middle of a crisis, but your input will help the continuing evolution of the Stabilitas platform.
We look forward to hearing from you!